Extension Iowa County and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources have teamed up to present this meeting. This is an update meeting for WPEDES permitted CAFO owners & managers, producers considering expansion, nutrient management plan writers, and engineers.
This workshop will be held on February 7th, 2020, from 9:30am-4:30pm, at the Iowa County Health & Human Services, 303 W Chapel Street, Dodgeville, WI. Pre-registrations are due by January 31st with a cost of $45.00. Registrations February 1st or later are $55.00.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Emergency Storage/Emergency Land Application Approval Process Review
- Understanding geology/and the water under your farm
- Regulations and policy updates
- On the horizon (new processes/regs/etc)
- Silurian Performance Standard Implementation
- Snap Plus: What’s new for permitted operations
- Facility Evaluation Overview
- Panel: Management changes to widen manure application windows
- Nutrient Mgt Update: Headand Stacking/verification of perched water tables
- Production Site Considerations
- Keeping water out of the system
- How DNR defines “clean” water that does not need to be stored
- Facility Evaluations: detailed discussion
- Optional small group/individual discussions with DNR staff
If you have any questions, please print the 2020 CAFO Dodgeville flyer or contact Gene Schriefer, Extension Iowa County, at 608-930-9850.
Alternate locations for this workshop will be held on the following dates: Jan 28-Green Bay; Jan 29-Luxemburg; Jan 30-New London; Feb 5-Fond du Lac; Feb 6-Manitowoc; Feb 11-Marshfield; Feb 12-Eau Claire; Feb 13-Jefferson. For more information on these locations, visit http://conservation-training.uwex.edu/ or contact Kevin Erb 920-391-4652.