Wednesday, May 24th, 2023 8:00am -4:30pm Green County Human Services, N3152 Hwy 81, Monroe, WI
Learn How to Support the Young People in Your Life
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of
mental health and substance use challenges among adolescents ages 12 18. You’ll build skills
and confidence you need to reach out and provide initial support to young people who are
struggling. You’ll also learn how to help connect them to appropriate support.
After the Course You'll Be Able To:
- Recognize common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
- Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- Understand how to interact with a young person in crisis.
- Know how to connect a young person with help.
- Better understand trauma, substance use, self-care, and the impact of social media and
To read more about the event, print the Youth Mental Health First Aid Flier
For more information, contact Bridget Mouchon, firstname.lastname@example.org