Welcome to the Green County 4-H Horse & Pony Project! Below is information and forms relating to the Horse & Pony Project. Leader names and contact numbers are also included on this page for your reference.
If you have any questions regarding the Green County 4-H Horse & Pony Project, please contact the Extension Green County Office at 328-9440.
2020 Horse Project Deadlines
- Friday, February 28 @ 4:30pm
- Friday, May 1 @ 4:30pm
- Color copy of Coggins form (for each Horse using at a 4-H or County Fair event) needs to be turned in at the first ride night you attend AND at the Fair Show.
- Thursday, October 1 @ 4:30pm
- High Point Form deadline (if competing in High Point)
Other 2020 Horse Information
Horse Resource Sites
- WI State 4-H Horse
- Midwest Horse Fair
- Wisconsin State 4-H Youth Horse Association Facebook group
- Virtual Trail Clinic by Sara Novotny (former WI 4-H staff): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiwx6eCLxQI&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR128R5sfJw-UfC8jsb0LNXwzZI4glwgaTaVkLq5nt4QBxt5nml7zfWXEGk (presentation starts at 3 minute mark
- National 4-H Horse Curriculum website – Online resources on topics of Horse appearance, Behavior and safety, anatomy, nutrition, and much more.
Horse Quiz Bowl
Bone up on your horse knowledge while having fun with fellow Green County 4-H Horse Project members!
Horse Bowl Age Divisions
- Beginner, grades 3-5
- Junior, grades 6-8
- Senior, grades 9-13
Quiz Bowl adult leader is Anna Landmark (Jolly Mixers 4-H Club), and you can RSVP via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone/text, (608) 886-8801.
2019-2020 Green County 4-H Horse and Pony Project Committee
Kristina Foster, Chair, 608-214-7917, email
Linda Montgomery, Vice Chair, 608-426-2531, email
Anna Landmark, Secretary
Janelle Eckdhal, Financial Secretary, 608-325-5400
Adam Nelson, 608-728-1288, email
Dan Ryan, email
Michael Montgomery, 303-608-2534, email