Welcome to the Green County 4-H Horse & Pony Project! Below is information and forms relating to the Horse & Pony Project. Leader names and contact numbers are also included on this page for your reference.
If you have any questions regarding the Green County 4-H Horse & Pony Project, please contact the Extension Green County Office at 328-9440.
2021 Horse Information
Horse Resource Sites
- WI State 4-H Horse
- Midwest Horse Fair
- Wisconsin State 4-H Youth Horse Association Facebook group
- Virtual Trail Clinic by Sara Novotny (former WI 4-H staff): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiwx6eCLxQI&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR128R5sfJw-UfC8jsb0LNXwzZI4glwgaTaVkLq5nt4QBxt5nml7zfWXEGk (presentation starts at 3 minute mark
- National 4-H Horse Curriculum website – Online resources on topics of Horse appearance, Behavior and safety, anatomy, nutrition, and much more.
Horse Quiz Bowl
Bone up on your horse knowledge while having fun with fellow Green County 4-H Horse Project members!
Horse Bowl Age Divisions
- Beginner, grades 3-5
- Junior, grades 6-8
- Senior, grades 9-13
Quiz Bowl adult leader is Anna Landmark (Jolly Mixers 4-H Club), and you can RSVP via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone/text, (608) 886-8801.
- Wed., October 27 @ 6:30pm – In-person Meeting – Multipurpose Room 1, Green County Justice Center
- Wed., November 17 @ 7:00pm – Zoom Meeting – register for connection info at: https://bit.ly/4HHorse111721
2020-2021 Green County 4-H Horse and Pony Project Committee
Kristina Foster, Chair, 608-214-7917, email
Linda Montgomery, Vice Chair, 608-426-2531, email
Anna Landmark, Secretary
Adam Nelson, 608-728-1288, email
Dan Ryan, email
Michael Montgomery, 303-608-2534, email