Home » Food Programs
- Meals and Snacks from the Pantry
- Unit Pricing https://spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu/shop/compare-unit-prices-best-buy/
- Call 211 or go to their website https://211wisconsin.communityos.org/ for current information on local resources.
- Elderly Nutrition Congregate and home delivered meals are provided to help older persons remain healthy, active and independent. Call the Aging & Disability Resource Center at (608) 328-9499 or 1-800-514-0066 for information.
- FoodShare Program FoodShare Helpline 1-877-366-3635
- Purchase food at a grocery store with a plastic “SNAP Card”. Monthly benefit amounts are based on net income and household size. For more information and to apply, contact the Dept. of Social Services at 1-888-794-5780 or visit the web at www.access.wisconsin.gov
- Free/Reduced School Meals Free and reduced priced breakfast and lunch programs are available at Green County Schools. Contact your child’s school for income guidelines and an application.
- FoodWIse helps families improve their food security through education. Families of individuals who receive FoodShare (or who are eligible) can learn through FoodWIse. For more information, contact the Grant, Green, Iowa and Lafayette County FoodWIse Coordinator 608-930-9850.
- Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program WIC provides food and nutrition information to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants and children under five years healthy and strong. Call Green County Health Department 608-328-9390 for the nearest location.