Green County 4-H offers many county-wide events and activities in which members can participate throughout the year. If you have any questions, please contact Ellen Andrews, 4-H Youth Development Educator, at 608-328-9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore 4-H Day Saturday, September 30th, 2023 12:00 - 2:30 PM Green County Fairgrounds, 2600 10th St, Monroe, WI
Have you ever been interested in getting involved in 4-H but didn’t know how? Have you ever been curious about the different types of projects available to exhibit at the Green County Fair? If you answered yes to either of these questions, Green County 4-H has the perfect event for you. Explore 4-H Day will be held on Saturday, September 30 from Noon to 2:30 PM at the Green County Fairgrounds. This is a free open house event where you can quickly and easily learn more about 4-H. Interested youth and their families will be able to talk with current 4-H members, learn about different 4-H projects, discover how to make a difference in their communities, and get information about how to enroll in 4-H. There will also be a chance to win free prizes!
For more information about Explore 4-H Day, see our Explore 4-H Day Flyer.
Summer 4-H Project Day Saturday, June 10th, 2023 8:40 - 11:50am Green County Fairgrounds, 2600-10th Street, Monroe, WI
The purpose of this day is to actively engage our 4-H members (3rd & older) in project-based learning through hands-on activities. This is NOT necessarily a “make-and-take” event, where participants should expect to leave with a completed fair project. Rather, we want to engage youth in exploring their SPARKS, while building project knowledge and skills they can go home and apply, making their best projects better.
Schedule 8:40 – 9:00am Check-in 9:00 – 9:50am Session 1 10:00 – 10:50am Session 2 11:00 – 11:50am Session 3
Registration & Deadline Register by Thursday, June 1, 2023 at: https://bit.ly/23Sum4HPD Space for some sessions is limited, and will fill on a first register, first serve basis.
- Sheep Clinic
- Everything Rabbits
- In the Garden
- Natural & Recycled Crafts
- Swine: Basic Showing & Production
- Dairy Care & Showing Basics
- Up Close with Insects
- Improving Soil Health
- Electricity: Buzz Bug Circuits
- Beef: Daily Care & Showmanship
- Grooming A Horse
- Geology: Mineral Sift
- Exhibing Vegetable & Flowers
- Aerospace: Air Powered Rockets
4-H Spring Project Day Saturday, April 1, 2023 9:00 - 11:50am Green County Justice Center, 2841-6th St, Monroe, WI
4-H Project Day will actively engage 4-H members, 3rd grade and older, in expanding their 4-H project knowledge through hands-on learning. We will be offering sessions in gardening, knitting, crocheting, geology, scale models, electricity and arts and crafts. Registrations are due by Wednesday, March 15. For more information, please view the 4-H Project Day flier. Please register for this event by March 15.
June 22-25, 2023 High Cliff State Park, Sherwood, WI
For Campers in 7th-9th grades as of the 2022-2023 school year. Youth will sleep in tents, cook food outdoors and enjoy exploring the trails and lake front of this scenic park.
What is 4-H Outpost Camp?
4-H Outpost Camp takes place at High Cliff State Park, southeast of Appleton, and is led and supervised by Extension 4-H Youth Development professionals and 4-H adult chaperones from Green County. This four day educational program is for youth in grades 7-9 from Green County 4-H. Campers will sleep in tents and cook their food outdoors over an open flame. They will enjoy time exploring the trails and lake front of the state park. We will also enjoy wildlife viewing at Horicon Marsh and caving at Ledge View Nature Center near Chilton.
This program provides a great opportunity to develop leadership and cooperation skills, build responsibility and independence, and learn about our natural world in a safe environment. This camp is sure to excite and engage any youth who comes ready to make new friends and actively participate with others in exploring the great outdoors. Print a complete 4-H Outpost Camp Brochure.
Full Camp Cost rate is $100. Financial Assistance rate is $50. Please pay the rate the works for your family.
Registration & Payment Deadline is May 29. Space is limited to only 16 campers!
Checks should be made payable to “Green County 4-H Adult Leaders.” Submit your Camp Fee to: Green County 4-H, 2841 6th St. Monroe, WI 53566.
- STEP 1—FIND THE EVENT ON 4HONLINE: Log into your 4HOnline family account. Scroll to the bottom of your member list and find the section titled “Register A Member In An Event”. Select “2023 Green County 4-H Outpost Camp (Gr.7-9).” Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of the screen.
- STEP 2—REGISTER FOR THE EVENT: On the next screen you will be asked for specific information related to the event (i.e. t-shirt size and tentmate preference) Verify your choices and click the “Check Out ” button.
- STEP 3—PAYMENT: Online payment is not available at this time. Make checks payable to the “Green County 4-H Adult Leaders.” Please mail or drop off your payment by May 29th at:
- STEP 4—COMPLETE PAPER HEALTH FORM: Once you have successfully registered in 4HOnline, you will be sent a paper Youth Health Form that needs to filled out and returned by June 5th.
- Extension Green County, 2841 6th Street, Monroe, WI 53566.
Saturday, May 13, 2023 1:00pm—4:00pm New Glarus Woods State Park
Participants will explore character and story development in the theater arts through a playful morning in the woods. Drawing from the natural environment, participants will create a character and learn how to bring this character to life on stage. We will explore sounds in nature and ways sound and music can help tell a story in the theater. By the end of the workshop we will weave multiple characters into a short story and performance. Join us for this fun-filled day of theatrical play in the park!
This event is free and open to 4-H youth in grades 3-8. Event will take place weather-permitting. Park sticker will be required only if participants will have a vehicle parked on site for the duration of the event. Register by Sunday, May 8.
Friday, June 16, 2023
Twining Park Band Shell,425 14th Ave, Monroe
We are searching for participants for an enjoyable, entertaining talent show. The event will be open to 4-H members in 5K-13th grade. The talent show will be free to attend and to perform in. Any type of performance is welcome: magic, comedy, singing, piano, instrumental, dance, spoken word, etc. Both individuals and team acts are welcomed. There is a limit of 40 acts total.
- Youth in 5K-4th grade are allowed to enter 1 act.
- Youth in 5th-13th grade are allowed up to 2 acts.
Youth in the talent show will be expected to attend a Dress Rehearsal to practice on Wednesday, June 14th, from 5-7pm at the band shell.
Register by: June 4th, 2023
This is 2023 information. Save the date for Base Camp 2024!August 7-10, 2024
4-H Base Camp is for campers in 3rd-6th grades as of the 2022-2023 school year. Youth will participate in activities that focus on the environment along with crafts and recreational programs. Print the 2023 Green County 4-H Base Camp flier for more details.
• Tier 1: $240.00 (Full Camp Cost)
• Tier 2: $180.00 (25% donation-funded)
• Tier 3: $120.00 (50% donation-funded)
Please pay the tier that works for your family.
Additional Financial Assistance is available. Financial Assistance = 50% of Tier 3 = $60.00 Registration Deadline is June 15 Space is limited to only 50 campers!
Checks should be made payable to “Green County 4-H Adult Leaders.”
Submit your Camp Fee to:
Green County 4-H, 2841 6th St. Monroe, WI 53566
Registration Details — Register online
- STEP 1—FIND THE EVENT ON 4HONLINE: Log into your 4HOnline family account. Scroll to the bottom of your member list and find the section titled “Register A Member In An Event”. Select “2023 Green County 4-H Base Camp (Gr. 3-6).” Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of the screen.
- STEP 2—REGISTER FOR THE EVENT: On the next screen you will be asked for specific information related to the event (i.e. t-shirt size and cabin mate preference) Verify your choices and click on the “Check Out ” button.
- STEP 3—PAYMENT: Online payment is not available at this time. Make checks payable to the “Green County 4-H Adult Leaders.” Please mail or drop off your payment by June 15 at: Extension Green County, 2841 6th Street, Monroe, WI 53566.
- STEP 4—COMPLETE PAPER HEALTH FORM: Once you have successfully registered in 4HOnline, you will be sent a paper Youth Health Form that needs to filled out and returned by June 30.
Sunday, February 4, 2024
Check-in Begins at 12:45; Divisions will promptly start at 1:00pm.
Registration deadline is Sunday, January 28th
Presenting or speaking before a group or audience is an important life skill to develop. the goal of the Green County 4-H Communications Contest is to give 4-H youth an opportunity to develop and polish these skills in a supportive and encouraging environment. 4-H participants will be evaluated and provided constructive feedback on their presentation, each receiving a certificate of participation and a participation ribbon (gr. K-2) or ribbon placing (gr. 3-13).
For more information and to register, see the Green County 4-H Communications Contest flier. There are two ways to register: https://bit.ly/4HComContest2024 or contact the Extension Office (608-328-9440 or email@example.com) and provide the following: Child’s name, 4-H Club, Grade Division (K-2, 3-5, 6-8, or 9-13) and Contest Selection(s) (Prose/Poetry, Traditional Speech or Demonstration).
4-H Youth Development Educator
Extension Green County
2841 6th Street
Monroe, WI 53566-9397
Office Phone: 608-328-9440
After Hours Cell#: 608-352-0242