Our mission is “To extend the knowledge and resources of the University of Wisconsin to Green County residents, where they live and work.” Local faculty and campus-based specialists deliver educational programs in: agriculture; community, natural resource, & economic development; family living; and 4-H/youth development.
- Service. We work to make the resources of the University of Wisconsin system available to the people of Green County. We respect the people that we serve and listen to the needs of the community. We seek to provide customer service focused on timely delivery of consistent and credible information.
- Quality. We seek continuous learning opportunities that provide the latest factual information and maintain a customer driven focus aimed at utilizing that information to produce outcomes that improve the quality of life in Green County.
- Shared Purpose. We work closely as a team across program areas with a shared knowledge of why we are here and what we have to offer. We have a shared understanding and commitment to make a positive difference in Green County.
- Integrity. We build the trust of the communities we serve in Green County by providing respectful forums for the inclusion of all voices and the open discussion of their differences. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of professional ethics by taking direct responsibility for our work.
- Diversity. We respect all aspects of diversity in Green County and we value the divergent thinking and different ways of knowing that echo from these many voices. We adjust our services to meet the changing needs of our community. We recruit and hire people with diverse backgrounds as we actively seek linkages to many audiences.
- Stewardship of Resources. We strive to build the capacity of both our staff and clientele in order to provide cost effective solutions with maximum value well into the future. We embrace a philosophy that demands personal responsibility based on sound planning for shared resources, and we reject use-it-or-lose-it fiscal policies.
Our staff of local educators deliver educational programs on a wide variety of subjects.
Read our Green County UW Extension Marketing Brochure for detailed information about our agents and the programs they offer.
Past Annual Reports
Extension & Education Committee of Green County Board of Supervisors
Input on program priorities is obtained from many different agencies, organizations, individuals, and processes. However, it is the Extension and Education Committee of the Green County Board of Supervisors that has statutory authority to “…direct and supervise the department.” In cooperation with University of Wisconsin-Extension, the committee has the responsibility to formulate and execute the local Extension program. The Extension and Education Committee is a committee of the Green County board and normally meets at 12:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month.
2019 Committee Membership
- Ken Hodgson, Chair
- Oscar Olson, Vice Chair
- Art Carter
- Erica Roth
- Jody Hoesly
Agriculture and Extension and Education Committee Meeting Dates
- The Committee normally meets at 12:30 PM on the first Wednesday of each month
Policy of Non-Discrimination & Equal Access
UW-Extension sponsored programs insure equal access. Please make requests for reasonable accommodations as soon as possible prior to the scheduled program. If you need instructional materials in another format please contact the program coordinator. UW-Extension provides equal opportunity in employment and programming, including Title IX and ADA requirements.
The Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity Programs, 432 N. Lake Street, 501 Extension Building, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, has been designated t coordinate compliance with non-discrimination requirements of Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VI, IX of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, **503 and 504, and Wisconsin Act 186, *36.12
Persons who need material in an alternate format or other accommodation should write or call the contact person for the specific program or call the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity Programs at (608) 262-0277 in advance of the program or event (at least ten working days prior) for which the aid or accommodation is needed.