On this page you will find many informational items related to the Rabbit Project.
Listed below are Green County Workshops or Shows. In addition, there are other area workshops and shows you may choose to attend.
Be sure to check out the resources at the bottom of the webpage to learn more about rabbits!
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) Certification
All 2020 Green County Fair Rabbit Exhibitors MUST complete the YQCA certification. Certification numbers must be submitted as part of the Green County Fair online entry process. For more information about YCQA, please visit the YQCA page at https://green.extension.wisc.edu/2019/12/10/yqca-youth-for-the-quality-care-of-animals/
Fur & Feather Auction
If you are planning to sell a Meat Rabbit in the Fur and Feather Livestock Auction, you must complete all of the Auction requirements, beginning with submitting the Livestock Auction Entry form, which is due Tuesday, May 26th at 4:30pm to the Extension Green County Office. Please see the Livestock Auction website for complete details.
Rabbit Project Learning Resources
- ARBA Showmanship info: https://arba.net/showmanship/
- ARBA Showmanship Score Sheet (also used at Green County Fair): https://arba.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Showmanship.pdf
- Rabbit Videos by Nebraska Extension’s Companion Animal Specialist on the topics of Grooming, Trimming toenails, Showmanship and Properly taking your rabbit out of its cage.
- 4-H Rabbit Showmanship Tutorial by SDSU Extension – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqodpNT-fW8
- National 4-H Rabbit Curriculum – FREE online resources around topics of Breeds, Showmanship, Diseases and more.
- American Rabbit Breeders Association
- Wisconsin State Rabbit Breeders Association
- Wisconsin 4-H Rabbits
- Recognized Rabbit Breeds
- 4-H Rabbit Leaders Resource Guide – Showmanship: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sZG6NcmoYbNYf1b2wctMlLMOnJqFS-Vj/view
- Rabbit Showmanship Score Sheet (attached)
- Rabbit Body Parts – http://www.geauga4h.org/rabbits/rabbit_body_labeled.htm
Rabbit Workshop – Reproduction & Breeding
Saturday, January 30, 2021
3:00 – 4:00pm via Zoom
Register for the meeting at this link: http://bit.ly/4HRabbitMtgJan302021