On this page you will find many informational items related to the Rabbit Project.
Listed below are Green County Workshops or Shows. In addition, there are other area workshops and shows you may choose to attend.
Be sure to check out the resources at the bottom of the webpage to learn more about rabbits!
Feed and Water Clip-on Dishes for Sale
The Rabbit Committee would like to offer 4-H and FFA members the chance to purchase feed/water dishes that will attach to their animals’ cages for the Green County Fair. The hard plastic cups with clips come in the following sizes: 5oz cups for $2.75 (feed for small breed rabbits and small breed chickens), 10oz cups for $3.25 (feed for larger breed rabbits and water for any size rabbit or chicken), and 20oz cups for $5.00 (roaster chickens, ducks, and turkeys). Orders can be turned in to the Extension office along with payment by Tuesday, June 1, 2021. Dishes will be available for pickup at the pre-fair project meetings or at the Green County Fair.
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) Certification
For 2021, all Green County Fair Rabbit Exhibitors that completed YQCA certification in 2020 will not need to retake the course. If the exhibitor did not complete YQCA in 2020 or is new this year, the exhibitor will need to complete YQCA prior to submitting Fair entries. Certification numbers must be submitted as part of the Green County Fair online entry process. For more information about YCQA, please visit the YQCA page at https://green.extension.wisc.edu/2021/01/12/yqca-youth-for-the-quality-care-of-animals/
Fur & Feather Auction
If you are planning to sell a Meat Rabbit in the Fur and Feather Livestock Auction, you must complete all of the Auction requirements, beginning with submitting the Livestock Auction Entry form, which is due Tuesday, May 26th at 4:30pm to the Extension Green County Office. Please see the Livestock Auction website for complete details.
Rabbit Project Learning Resources
- ARBA Showmanship info: https://arba.net/showmanship/
- ARBA Showmanship Score Sheet (also used at Green County Fair): https://arba.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Showmanship.pdf
- Rabbit Videos by Nebraska Extension’s Companion Animal Specialist on the topics of Grooming, Trimming toenails, Showmanship and Properly taking your rabbit out of its cage.
- 4-H Rabbit Showmanship Tutorial by SDSU Extension – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqodpNT-fW8
- National 4-H Rabbit Curriculum – FREE online resources around topics of Breeds, Showmanship, Diseases and more.
- American Rabbit Breeders Association
- Wisconsin State Rabbit Breeders Association
- Wisconsin 4-H Rabbits
- Recognized Rabbit Breeds
- 4-H Rabbit Leaders Resource Guide – Showmanship: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sZG6NcmoYbNYf1b2wctMlLMOnJqFS-Vj/view
- Rabbit Showmanship Score Sheet (attached)
- Rabbit Body Parts – http://www.geauga4h.org/rabbits/rabbit_body_labeled.htm
Upcoming Virtual Workshops:
- Saturday, April 17th, @ 7:00pm – Rabbit Trivia
- Saturday, April 24th, @ 7:00pm – Preparing for County Fair