Note: Information about the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), including rules about how the money can be used, is still coming out.
Signed into law on March 11, the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan Act provides the latest round of stimulus funding to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The federal aid package includes $350 billion in direct aid to states, local governments, tribes and territories. Estimates for Green County indicate that cities, villages and towns could receive over $10.8 million in direct aid.
For more specific information about how much different entities in Green County will receive, check out this spreadsheet (ARPA Local Entity Aid Amounts-Green County) from Southwestern Wisconsin Regional Plan Commission (SWWRPC) with information on the estimated aid for each municipality.
The Treasury Department is responsible for making final decisions about specific guidance on allowable uses, and those details are expected in the coming months. Funds must be used by December 31, 2024, so there is plenty of time for strategic, intentional planning. Results of the survey will be shared with decision-makers in late July.
On May 10, 2021 the U.S. Department of the Treasury provided additional information about ARPA. This information is available on the U.S. Department of Treasury Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds webpage. Additionally, they have shared a Quick Reference Guide (available here).
The following sites have updates:
- Wisconsin Counties Association (WCA) American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Resources
- National Association of Counties
- League of Wisconsin Municipalities
- National League of Cities
- Wisconsin Towns Association
Green County communities will be receiving funds through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). In May and June 2021 a Green County community survey provided an opportunity to help inform local decision-makers on how to approach making decisions for using the funds most effectively and intentionally. The survey was open to all who live and/or work in Green County, as well as families whose children attend school in Green County.
- Green County ARPA Community Survey Overall Responses Memo
- Green County ARPA Community Survey Responses
Educational workshops will be held in August. More information about these workshops will be available in mid-July.
This survey and the educational workshops are put forward through a partnership between Extension Green County and Green County Development Corporation.
Community Survey Process
- May 2021: The survey was sent to all towns, villages, cities and school districts in Green County. Please respond to the survey and share with community members who live and/or work in Green county, including Green county school districts.
- Sunday, June 20: The final day survey responses will be received. (The survey will close at midnight.)
- Late July: Each municipality/school district will receive all responses, as well as specific responses from your district.
- Note: Names and email addresses will be removed from the survey to allow for survey response anonymity. Names and email addresses are being collected so if people want invitations to a potential community educational session, etc, their contact information is available.
- Late summer 2021: Based on survey responses, Extension Green County and Green County Development Corporation may work to co-facilitate a discussion regarding education, collaboration, and/or partnerships to move forward.
This survey is put forward through a partnership between Extension Green County and Green County Development Corporation.
- Input Needed on American Rescue Plan Funding-Press Release (May 12, 2021)