Welcome to the Green County 4-H Foods & Nutrition webpage! Here you will find the upcoming dates for workshops & events with details and registration paperwork if needed. You will also find resources you can access for the Foods & Nutrition & Foods Preservation projects. Listed near the bottom are the 4-H Foods Committee Members.
4-H Cake Revue
Saturday, April 30, 2022
2:00 – 3:30 PM
Rooms 1-3 , Green County Justice Center, Monroe
Youth prepare and present cake decorating projects for judging. Cake Revue is a Pre-Fair, premium earning event. In order to receive your premium, you must include cake revue when submitting your online fair entries in May. Please register by Sunday, April 24 using the following link: https://forms.gle/DmMNAxQYpCuXsLPWA
Food & Nutrition Resources
- Extension Food Preservation website – This site offer safe preserving recipes and lots of resources for learning how to safely preserve food, including freezing, canning and drying.
- National 4-H Food-Science Curriculum website – Online resources around the topics of Secrets of Baking, Protein Chemistry, Fruits & Vegetables, and Foods Scientist.
- National 4-H Food, Culture & Reading online resources: https://4-h.org/parents/curriculum/food-culture-reading/
- Wisconsin 4-H Foods & Nutrition Project Page: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/wi4hprojects/family-home-health/foods-nutrition/
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension FoodWIse program page: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/foodwise/
- National 4-H Fantastic Foods
- Wilton Cake Decorating
- Food Safety Information
- Dole Superkids
Green County 4-H Foods & Nutrition Committee Members
Deb Myers, 608-934-5460, email
Pat Sleiter, 608-325-1464, email
Owen Johnson, email
Christina Johnson, 608-426-4185, email
DarLyne Schneider, 608-473-2281, email
Heidi Rufer, Financial Secretary