Note: Information about the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), including rules about how the money can be used, is still coming out.
Signed into law on March 11, the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan Act provides the latest round of stimulus funding to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The federal aid package includes $350 billion in direct aid to states, local governments, tribes and territories. Estimates for Green County indicate that cities, villages and towns could receive over $10.8 million in direct aid.
For more specific information about how much different entities in Green County will receive, check out this spreadsheet (ARPA Local Entity Aid Amounts) from Southwestern Wisconsin Regional Plan Commission (SWWRPC) with information on the estimated aid for each municipality.
The Treasury Department is responsible for making final decisions about specific guidance on allowable uses, and those details are expected in the coming months. Funds must be used by December 31, 2024, so there is plenty of time for strategic, intentional planning. Results of the survey will be shared with decision-makers in late July.
The following sites have updates:
- Wisconsin Counties Association (WCA) American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Resources
- National Association of Counties
- League of Wisconsin Municipalities
- National League of Cities
This survey and the educational workshops are put forward through a partnership between Extension Green County and Green County Development Corporation.
Community Survey Process
- May 2021: The survey will be sent to all towns, villages, cities and school districts in Green County. Please respond to the survey and share with community members who live and/or work in Green county, including Green county school districts.
- Sunday, June 20: The final day survey responses will be received. (The survey will close at midnight.)
- Late July: Each municipality/school district will receive all responses, as well as specific responses from your district.
- Note: Names and email addresses will be removed from the survey to allow for survey response anonymity. Names and email addresses are being collected so if people want invitations to a potential community educational session, etc, their contact information is available.
This survey is put forward through a partnership between Extension Green County and Green County Development Corporation.
- Input Needed on American Rescue Plan Funding-Press Release (May 12, 2021)