The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) has announced that the State of Wisconsin will be giving certification extensions for those certifications that have expired. Private and commercial pesticide applicators with certifications that expire January 31, 2020-November 30, 2021, can continue to operate as a certified pesticide applicator until December 31, 2021.
This extension will expire on December 31, 2021.
This includes private applicators and the commercial applicators who received the temporary certifications with T numbers. Those who have already tested in-person with DATCP – DO NOT have to test again.
Testing Options for Private Applicator Pesticide Certification
- To register for an online test, go to the UW PAT Store. Select the category you want to get certified in. If a test is available, it will be posted with a link to register. Private Applicators scroll down to “Private Applicator Training” and select the category you need.
- Multiple applicators cannot be registered under one email address. Email addresses are the new electronic identifier; they must be unique to the individual.
- Applicators will have to select a time slot to take the test when registering. Tests can be taken at any time in the time slot selected.
- Once registered, applicators will receive an email with a simple link and password a day or two before the time slot starts. Links work only once.
- Scores will be provided at the completion of the test. Credentials will be emailed out to the email address entered in the test after the time slot has expired.
- You will have to enter your 6-digit PAT Number (comes with training materials) into the registration and test, but you will also have to enter your certification number if you have one. If you do not have a certification number, you must either call DATCP (608-224-4548) or mail in this form to provide your SSN before credentials can be sent.
- Retakes will have to register for the next time slot. Four attempts will be accepted by DATCP.
- Registering with an incorrect email or deleting the invitation email may mean registration in the next time slot.
For a full FIVE YEAR CERTIFICATION, you will need to take the exam in person at an Extension office, or for TEMPORARY CERTIFICATION you may test online at the PAT Store.
If you have any questions, please contact Jackie McCarville, Extension Green County at 608-328-9440 or email@example.com .