Wisconsin Food and Nutrition
- National Center for Home Food Preservation https://nchfp.uga.edu
- Safe & Healthy Food for your Family website https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/safefood/
- Safe Preserving Recipes https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/safefood/recipes/
- Subscribe to the Extension Food Preservation Blog https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/safefood/blog/
- Food Preservation – Your resource for food preservation information. Includes Tested Recipes for Canning Approved by University of Wisconsin.
- Food Safety and Health – The premier resource for food safety & health information for Wisconsin consumers. Find research-based information on the safety and quality of dairy foods, meat and poultry, fruits, vegetables and more!
- Meat HACCP – research based help for small meat and poultry processors.
- UW-Extension Food and Nutrition Publications- Contains printable PDF files of UW-Extension Food and Nutrition publications. Canning, Dietary Guidelines and Food Safety are some topics covered.
- Extension Program in Nutritional Science
- UW-Extension Venison Preservation Guide and Recipes
Foods and Nutrition
- American Dietetic Assocation
- USDA Food Safety – Federal government website with links to a host of information an programs. Contains consumer advice links on safe food handling, nutrition education and more. Excellent source for Food Safety questions and answers.
- Food Safety and Food Security: What Consumers Need to Know – The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service offers tips in both English and Spanish on safe food handling practices, food borne illness, product recalls, and what to do if you suspect food tampering..
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
Holiday Food Safety
- Cooking a Turkey from the Frozen State
- Countdown to Thanksgiving Holiday – provides information about thawing, preparation and cooking times
- Turduckens Require Safe Food Handling
Health & Well-Being Educator
Extension Green County
2841 6th Street
Monroe, WI 53566
Office Phone: 608-328-9440