There are lots of non-partisan educational resources available to support local government officials. This page highlights some useful handbooks and trainings. You are also encouraged to check out the resources on the Local Government general page.
Please note that UW is a non-partisan entity.
The following handbooks are easily available and can provide useful, non-partisan educational information:
The Local Government Center consistently provides quality educational programs. View the Local Government Event Calendar May-June 2020 for meeting details and registration information for the following programs:
- Tuesday, May 12 “Effective Virtual Public Meetings During Covid-19 Pandemic”, 9:00am-10:30am
- Wednesday, May 13 “Annual Case Law and Legislative Update”, 10:30am-12:00pm.
- Thursday, May 14 “Urbanism Next Virtual Forum”, 10:30am-4:05pm.
- Thursday, May 14, May 21, May 28 “Citizen/Customer Service”, 9:00am-11:00am.
- May 15, May 29, June 5, June 26, Local Government 101, various times.
- Wednesday, May 20 “Alcohol Beverage Regulation and Licensing-Part 1”, 10:00am-12:00pm.
- Thursday, May 21 “Executive Writing: Effective Workplace Communication”, 8:30am-3:15pm.
- Wednesday, May 20-Thursday, May 21 “The Manager’s Role in Work Satisfaction and Engagement” 9:00am-3:45pm
- Wednesday, June 3 “Alcohol Beverage Regulation and Licensing-Part 2”, 10:00am-12:00pm.
- Thursday, June 4, “Exploring and Reporting Your Data”, 8:30am-3:15pm
- Tuesday, June 9, “When Revenues Fall Short–Weathering the Covid-19 Recession”, 10:00am-11:30am
- Thursday, June 18, “Encouraging a Culture of Civility and Respect”, 8:30am-3:15pm.
- Thursday, June 18, June 23, June 25, “Improving Communication Skills”, 1:00pm-3:00pm.
- Victoria Solomon, Community Resource Educator, Extension Green County at (608) 328-9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.