During the COVID-19 pandemic, a federal program gave FoodShare members
extra benefits, plus the regular amount. Now, due to recent changes to federal
law, the extra amounts are ending. February 2023 is the last month members
will get extra benefits. Qualifying families will continue to get their regular
FoodShare amounts. Please review the informational videos about the changes in English or Spanish. Or print the Maximize FoodShare Dollars Flier.
Find More Information
- Read News & Updates on the Wisconsin Gov FoodShare News
- Find Food Resources. Call 211 or 877-947-2211 to ask questions & find local resources. Additional food resources are listed on the Wisconsin Gov FoodShare -Resources.
- Check other State Benefit Programs for Eligibility. Log in to your ACCESS account at ACCESS Wisconsin Gov and click “See if you can get help.” Then, answer a few questions to see if there are other state programs to help you. Other options are also listed at Wisconsin Gov Nutrition.
- Your county UW-Madison Division of Extension FoodWIse program staff are a great resource for stretching FoodShare dollars. Contact FoodWIse Coordinator Maggie Milcarek in Green County at 608-930-9850 or by firstname.lastname@example.org
Locate Local Food Resources
- Free or reduced price school meals–Contact your school to see if your child qualifies for free or reduced price meals at school.
- Emergency Food Resources-–
- Green County Food Pantry: 1129 17th Ave, Monroe, WI 53566. (608)-329-7511, Mondays 2-4:30pm and Wednesdays 9-11:00am
- Green Cares Food Pantry: 422 S Garfield, Monticello, WI 53570. 1st & 3rd Tuesdays, 10am-7:00pm, other Tuesdays 3:30-6:30pm, Thursdays 9am-noon, and Saturdays, 8-10:30am
- St. Vincent DePaul Mobile Pantry: 501 1st Ave, Monroe, WI 53566. (608)329-7837, 3rd Thursday of each month from 3-4:00pm.
- For other local pantries, call 211.
- Community Meal Sites-– Nutritious meals are available at dining sites or for home delivery for seniors and people with disabilities.
- Albany: (608) 328-9499, Monday & Friday
- Monticello: Gempler’s Supermarket, 219 N Main St. (608)938-4927, Mon-Fri.
- Monroe: Monroe Senior Center, 1113 10th St. (608) 325-3040, Mon-Fri
- Brodhead: Brodhead Senior Center, 1103 W. Second Ave. (608)897-4796 Monday & Friday
- Belleville: Sugar River Senior Center, 21 S Vine St. (608) 424-6007 Monday-Friday
- New Glarus: (608) 328-9499, Monday-Friday.
- Local Women, Infant & Children (WIC) Office-– To be eligible for WIC a person must: be a pregnant, breastfeeding or new mother; be an infant up to age one; be a child up to age five; be a resident of Wisconsin; be income eligible; and have a health or nutrition need. Call the Green County Health Department at 608-328-9390 for an appointment or email: email@example.com.