Green County Leaders will be offering a 3-part series for Leadership & Local Government. Sessions will be held April 1st, April 15th, and April 29th. The first virtual session was “Introduction to Civics and Local Government” and was held Thursday, April 1, 2021 from 6:00-7:30 pm via Zoom. The second session was “Effective Communication with Local Elected Officials” and was held on Thursday, April 15, 2021 from 6:00-7:30 pm via Zoom. The third session will be “Effective Communication with State and Federal Officials” and will be held Thursday, April 29, 2021 from 6:00-7:30 pm via Zoom.
Session one included:
- Understanding and reflecting on what government does on our daily life
- A refresher on how policies are made locally; and
- Identifying ways to effectively stay connected and engaged with what is happening in local government.
Session two included:
- Connecting with Green County board members for updates on Green County government and
- Meeting with Green County Department Heads to learn more about departments and departmental updates.
Session three will include:
- Learning about communicating effectively with elected officials;
- Connecting with federal staffers for federal office updates; and
- Meeting with state elected officials in an informal setting.
Register for the special Leadership & Government series. If you live or work in Green County, you are invited to join in these special sessions to learn more about government in Green County at the local, state, and federal levels. There is not financial cost to join any session. You can register for one or more sessions. For more information about these sessions, check out the GCL Leadership webpage
For more information, contact Victoria Solomon, Extension Community Resource Development Educator, email@example.com or at 608-328-9440.
Green County Leaders provides equal opportunity in education and programming. Sessions are for educational purposes only, not for lobbying. All sessions in this series will be non-partisan.
These sessions are made possible based on a collaborative effort between Green County Leaders, Green County Development Corporation, and Extension Green County.